The extreme weather changes and the number of natural catastrophes that have hit the country the past few years have resulted in more manufacturing industries opting to go green. One of the first when it comes to promoting the use of eco-friendly materials is the industry of dancing wear. Environment-friendly dance wear are those made with organic materials and/or other 100% recycled material like the eco-friendly Repreve fabric.
The excellent thing is that these eco-friendly materials effectively support all the competitions in many dancing schools like technique competition, costume competition and flexibility competition. As a matter of fact, the dance schools have become a venue to showcase the best quality clothes and promote the use of environment-friendly clothing materials. Thus, it is essential that you carefully choose your dance performance wear, leotards, shorts and dance shoes to emphasize your body movements and capture the attention of the audience.
So now that you understand how important dancing clothes are to your career as a dancer, you must also understand how they affect your skin and the environment. Studies show that the use of eco-friendly dancing clothes has dramatically increased over the years. And this is supported by the fact that the production of organic cotton has increased too. Organic cotton is cotton harvested from plants that did not undergo genetic modification of any kind. You will know if the cotton used to create your dancing wear is organic if you see it certified by the National Organic Program of the US Department of Agriculture.
What are the benefits of dance performance wear made of cotton?
At first glance, you will not notice any difference from the usual satin accessories that you use when dancing. But if you actually wear cotton dancing clothes, you will notice that you sweat less and they feel softer against your skin. These are two factors that make comfortable dancing a possibility. But the use of cotton dancing wear is not only a growing trend among adult dancers; it is also getting popular among kids. Organic dance wear for kids are usually made from 92% organic cotton material and the remaining 8% is usually made of spandex.
However, the rise of cotton dancing wear will not mean the end of the shiny leotards and dance shorts. Rather, they will co-exist to make dancing a more pleasurable experience. Shiny leotards are perfect for some forms of dance like belly dancing and ballroom. On the other hand, cotton dance performance wear is perfect for jazz and hiphop music.
Since you are already starting to rev up your dance supplies by going organic, it is just right to match them with eco-friendly dance costume accessories too. There are basic cotton legwarmers to protect your legs from the cold as well as break your fall when you’re practicing very hard for an upcoming performance. And of course, to keep everything in one place, store all your dance supplies in ready-to-go dance bags that come in different styles and colors to suit your preference and personality.