Performing in your dance recital can be an amazing experience, but the dance routines are actually the easy part! Anything can go wrong, turning a fun experience into a nightmare. Being prepared for anything can make the difference between a good show and an OH NO! Here is our list of what to pack for your dance recital this year:
Do you have any suggestions to add to the list? Post your comments to Facebook!
Wearing tights during dance practices and performances is more than just a part of your costume; rather tights are indispensable tools that break the friction between your feet and the floor. Too much friction may cause leg pain and weakness. There are many types of tights that you can use as part of your dance clothes. Among these are footed,Capri, seam, footless, stirrup, fishnet, body tights and the convertible. Of all these types the convertible dance tights offer the highest flexibility.
But dance tights are not only for adult dancers because they also make great dance costumes for kids. Compared to adult dancers, children dancers are inexperienced and their feet are still too soft to be constantly exposed to friction. They need to be well protected in order to encourage the proper development of their legs which is essential for their progress in dancing.
Convertible dance tights can be worn in either a footed or footless style. The secret is behind the presence of a hole that can be wrapped on the ankle or used to cover the entire foot. This makes it easier for ballet dancers to wear these tights comfortably underneath their ballet shoes. Sometimes, if you choose to use these tights to cover the entire foot, a small lump can be felt. Most first-time users would feel uneasy and get distracted with the lump but over time, it wouldn’t be such an issue anymore.
The significance of wearing convertible dance tights is especially felt by dancers needing to change in between classes. This makes it possible for you to shift from ballet to jazz to ballroom without having to wear different kinds of tights for every dance genre. Hence, it would be easy for dancers to shift from wearing a pair of pointe shoe pads to a pair of sneakers or flip-flops. These tights also come in many natural colors so they won’t interfere with your costumes and would look almost look invisible once you start dancing.
As mentioned earlier, the convertible dance tights are the most flexible and that’s because they are usually made from 14% spandex and the remaining 86% nylon. In addition, the cotton gusset ensures comfort and the included waistband keeps the material in place while you are dancing. The combination of these materials allow for ease of movement especially when you are doing dance routines that require a lot of stretches like ballet.
During theatrical performances, dance tights can be adorned with small jewels to improve its look. However, the addition of small decorations does not devalue these dance accessories even by a single degree. Just be sure to practice extra care when putting on the rhinestones to prevent the tights from getting unpleasant lumps and holes.
Now if you have invested in a pair of convertible dance tights and you suddenly decided to stop dancing, there is no reason to feel any regret over the money you spent. This is because these dance tights will also make great tools for exercising like aerobics and yoga so you have a whole new world of fitness to explore just by using the same accessories that you already have.
For your first pair of convertible dance tights, look only for the best. Check out www.alycedancewear.com.